Established in 1957 and opened in 1959, DeVere Field has a rich history in the Cle Elum area. The main hanger and “T” hangers were originally set at the Cle Elum Municipal Airport and were dismantled and rebuilt on the present site by James DeVere, Sr. DeVere was a certified airplane mechanic who ran a charter service out of DeVere field and had a steel chainsaw dealership and repair shop on site.
This quaint airfield has immense upside in fast-growing Kittitas County, just 82 miles east of Seattle. It is surrounded by some of the most beautiful countrysides east of the Cascade Mountains. It is surrounded by private lands featuring grass meadows; pine, evergreen, and quaking aspen trees on the north and east borders, while Highway 970 borders it to the south, and Airport Rd – a quiet country road – on the west. There are multiple ponds on the property.
Consider building your own home here, perhaps your own private gated community, or explore the subdivision potential.
- Address: 5050 Airport Rd, Cle Elum, WA 98922
- MLS ID: 1603320
- Property Size: 50 acres (across three tax parcels)
- Runway Length: 2,000 ft.
- “T” Hanger: 5 plane capacity
- Main Hanger: 4 plane capacity, office, common area, 1/4 bath, and two storage rooms
- Parking Area: 25 car capacity
- Location: 2.5 miles east of Cle Elum on Highway 970